"Teaching is the one profession that creates all other professions."
Teach what you know to the next generation of professionals
As a UCSC Silicon Valley instructor, you are bringing your expertise, your passion, and your vision to students who are building their professional skills, advancing their careers, and contributing to the regional workforce. You're joining a talented community of professionals working at an accredited institution with a legacy of more than 50 years of personalized classroom experience for every stage of a career.
- 300+ courses
- 23 certificate programs
- 11 short program specializations
- 3 one-quarter international specializations
- 180+ instructors
- A local and global student population
- In-person and flexible class formats as well as live-online classrooms via Zoom, and online, self-directed programs
- Bringing real-life experience to the classroom
Students are back on campus, learning from home, and switching back and forth in our new flexible format. Flex classrooms are equipped with tracking cameras, audio systems, digital whiteboards, and multiple screens to teach in-person and remote students at the same time. All campus visitors are required to be fully vaccinated. Masks are no longer required indoors, but they are highly recommended.
Due to the part-time nature of our instructor positions, UCSC Silicon Valley Extension is unable to sponsor visa/work permits or hire individuals who are on F, J, or H sponsored visas.
Details about working at UCSC Silicon Valley
Current Instructor Openings
We are currently reviewing applications for the positions below. These are part-time, non-tenure-track, academic teaching appointments. We hire based on course section demand.
Open Call for teaching applicants
UCSC Silicon Valley Extension is always interested in hearing from qualified industry professionals interested in teaching an existing course or a new topic in high demand. These are part-time, non-tenure-track, academic teaching appointments. We hire based on course section demand. Additional details about working at UCSC Silicon Valley.
- Advanced Verification with SystemVerilog OOP Testbench
- System and Functional Verification Using UVM (Universal Verification Methodology)
- Advanced Signaling: Jitter and Noise Analysis
- General expertise in VLSI Engineering. We are seeking backup instructors for existing courses.
- AI for Medical Decision Making and Triage
Course to be designed.
- General expertise in Linux engineering. We are seeking backup instructors for existing courses.
- Electronic Data Capture for Clinical Trials
- Clinical Statistics for Non-Statisticians
- Good Clinical Practices
- Medical Writing
- Human Factors and Usability in Medical Device Development
- Mobile Health, SaMD, and AI/ML Devices
- Science of Clinical Trials Design
- Risk Management for Regulated Industries
- Validating Software for Medical Devices and Emerging Technologies
Teaching Premed Postbacalaureate
This is a new postbaccalaureate program combining science and professional skills and science courses for students considering medical school.
- Medical School Application Workshop
- Keys to Success in Medicine Workshop
- A Life in Medicine: Health Care Seminar Series
- Extended 1:1 Career Advising/Counseling
- University of California Science Courses (Premed Requisites)
Teaching UX Design
A New Course Series
- Foundations of Video Game Design
- Educational Assessments I
- Techniques of Educational Therapy: Affective, Cognitive and Perceptual Elements
- Psychology of Human Learning
- Neurodivergent Learners
- Culture and Cultural Diversity
- Language Structure
- Assessment, Evaluation and Placement
- Teaching Writing (This is also a course in the Professional Writing and Technical Communication program.)
Interested in a staff position at UCSC Silicon Valley Extension?
The UCSC Silicon Valley Extension Campus is located at 3175 Bowers Ave., Santa Clara.
- Director of Finance and Business Services
Job ID 61022
Hybrid/Santa Clara, CA
Initial Review Date: Nov. 16, 2023
Please click on one of the buttons below and then on either the department filter for "University Extension" or the location filter for "Silicon Valley."