Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
ECE 1: Development in Early Childhood | ECED.X301
Participants explore human development from prenatal stages through middle childhood and study the interrelationships among social, emotional, physical and cognitive development, with a focus on the role of play in early childhood. Using observational techniques, the class identifies developmentally appropriate characteristics and activities.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Describe the influence of various social contexts on development including family, school, childcare, the media, and culture
- Discuss some views consistent with current knowledge and research in child development, based upon several current issues in child development
- Observe, record, analyze and compare children’s behavior and relate it to course materials on development
- Identify the major milestones in child development from birth through adolescence in social, emotional, cognitive and physical development
Have a question about this course?
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 01-15-2022||9:00 a.m.||4:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 01-22-2022||9:00 a.m.||4:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 01-29-2022||9:00 a.m.||4:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 02-05-2022||9:00 a.m.||4:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|