ECE 2: Introduction to Teaching Young Children
This course studies the philosophy, history and development of early childhood programs. You'll examine the teacher-child relationship and how existing programs meet the needs of preschool children and review programs to evaluate how they meet the criteria of a quality learning environment. You'll get a chance to see how ECE programs operate in the real world by attending mandatory field observations at sites designated by the instructor.
- History of early childhood education
- Types of programs
- Defining the young child
- Developmental and learning theories
- Teaching: A professional commitment
- Curriculum: Creating a context for learning and play
- Issues and trends in early childhood education
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.