Building Closed Memorial Day Weekend
The Silicon Valley Campus is closed Saturday, May 27 through Monday, May 29, 2023, in honor of Memorial Day. We will reopen for classes on Tuesday.
This course introduces the assessment tools and procedures frequently used in educational therapy settings. Participants will gain experience using specific assessment instruments. They will have access to a limited number of assessment instruments which they may use for practice. Testing is limited to educational assessment tools, which are widely used by educational therapists and do not require credentialing as a school psychologist or licensing as a clinical or educational psychologist. The course offers insight into how to administer tests used by educational therapists and how to interpret psycho-educational evaluation reports.
- To be successful in this class all students should have working knowledge of Google’s G Suite or Microsoft Office, proper email etiquette, and essential understanding of Canvas.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Explain the purposes of formal and informal assessment
- Read, understand, and summarize educational testing reports
- Administer a standardized assessment correctly
- Recognize common tests of phonological awareness, visual motor integration, reading, writing, listening, and math
- Use test data to plan remediation in one academic area
- Understanding why educational therapists give assessments and conduct interviews
- How to identify which assessments are appropriate for educational therapists to administer
- How to review psycho-educational reports and other allied professional assessments in order to develop an effective treatment plan
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Speak to a student services representative.
Call (408) 861-3860