All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
At the end of the course, students should be able to
- Develop an understanding of Risk Management as part of the product and process development cycle by defining a hazard, levels of risk, types of harm, and to rank risk mitigation activity
- Prepare a Hazard Analysis including hazards, hazardous situations, harms, and understand risk estimation
- Perform a HACCP (Hazard and Critical Control Points) analysis as a qualitative process hazard analysis for process risk management for any process
- Assess the application and results that critical tools of quality such as a Failure Modes and Effects
- Analysis and Fault Tree Analysis can provide
- Compose and document mitigations to risk in a suitable regulatory format
- Enumerate the fundamental documentation requirements of ISO 14971 (Medical Devices – application of risk management to medical devices)
- Prepare a Risk Management Plan in a device, a pharmaceutical product, a diagnostic product, or a process, which describes the tasks involved in successfully leading an ISO Quality System implementation project from start-up through Registration
- Apply structured qualitative and quantitative risk management concepts and tools leading to a documented Risk Management Plan and Risk Management File that can be used in any due diligence for reducing risk in product, process or service development
Prerequisite(s): Students need to possess reasonable experience, background, and/or theoretical knowledge of medical devices, diagnostics or pharma. "Quality Systems for Medical Devices FDA QSR and ISO 13485" formerly titled "Medical Device Quality Systems" and "Introduction to Medical Device Regulation," or "Regulation of Medical Devices and Diagnostics," or "Medical Devices: Regulatory Strategies and Marketing Pathways," or equivalent experience.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.