See our latest COVID updates.
This course is designed to provide individuals with pragmatic knowledge of how to craft medical device submissions for approval by the FDA. Students should already have a foundation in medical device terminology, classification, and regulations prior to taking this course. Through lectures, case studies, and hands-on exercises, new and experienced regulatory professionals learn how to work with the regulations, guidance documents, and style guides to write portions of key medical device submissions that both comply with the requirements and are clear to the reviewers. Students explore the content and process of medical device submissions, as well as gain insight into timelines, important strategic considerations and business impacts.
- To be successful in this class all students should have working knowledge of Google’s G Suite or Microsoft Office, proper email etiquette, and essential understanding of Canvas.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Find the required regulations and guidance documents for device and diagnostic submissions
- Use regulations and guidance documents to outline and construct a variety of device submissions
- Appreciate the role that regulatory strategy play in the submissions process, for US device submissions
- 510(k)s: Traditional, special, abbreviated
- Panel and Pre-submission preparation
- Warning letter responses
- Medical Device reports and IDEs
In order to obtain maximal benefit, this hands-on course requires substantial out-of-class work on a submission project, where you will be crafting a 510K. Please plan your course schedules accordingly.
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.