Careers in Medicine Workshop
Course Code: PBSV.802
Dates: Part 1: May 4, 9 a.m.–12 p.m. & Part 2: Date To Be Determined
Format: Hybrid / Silicon Valley Campus
Enrollment opening soon.
Strengthen your awareness of obstacles and solutions as you plan your healthcare career in this two-part Saturday workshop taught by doctors, residents, and healthcare professionals.
We will navigate the journey to medical school through inter-professional small group discussions and insights from physicians and medical students. You'll leave the workshop with actionable steps that bring you closer to your goals.
- Understand primary care specialties, necessary academic preparation, and skills requirements for primary care practitioners.
- Demonstrate an understanding of medical school admissions and residency selection processes.
- Create a career plan for a chosen medical profession.
- Interpret actionable guidance and advice from active and retired medical professionals and medical students.
- Medical school expectations and admissions requirements
- Financing your medical training
- Medical career arcs: residency, fellowship, practice
- Osteopathic vs. allopathic medical education
- Primary care and medical specialties