Building Closed Memorial Day Weekend
The Silicon Valley Campus is closed Saturday, May 27 through Monday, May 29, 2023, in honor of Memorial Day. We will reopen for classes on Tuesday.
This course reviews the science that forms the basis of effective clinical trial design. You’ll learn to classify and describe trial design by stage in drug and device development. The course covers the purposes of clinical trials, including types of trial designs. You'll learn to define hypotheses and study objectives and determine population and sample size.
Learning OutcomesAt the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- List and describe the drug and device clinical trial phases
- Describe various types of clinical trial designs and their application
- Explain how goals and objectives of a clinical trial are established
- Understand the basic statistical considerations in the design of clinical trials
- Identify whether various scientifically sound trial designs can be effectively put into practice and potential pitfalls
- Local standards of practice affecting clinical trials
- Working with marketing to identify unmet medical needs
- Ethical considerations in clinical trial design
Working knowledge of:
- Google Workspace or Microsoft Office to submit assignments
- Canvas navigation links, modules, and using the inbox to communicate with the instructor
Additional InformationPlease review section notes to view the full schedule.
You'll gain hands-on experience designing clinical trials synopses and Phase 2 development strategies.
Professional CreditCA BRN/LVN Credit - Provider #CEP13114
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Start / End Date||Quarter Units||Cost||Instructor|
|06-30-2023 to 08-18-2023||2.5||$815||Schedule||Enroll|
Final Date To Enroll: 06-30-2023
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Fri, 06-30-2023||5:30 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Fri, 07-07-2023||5:30 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Fri, 07-14-2023||5:30 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Fri, 07-21-2023||5:30 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Fri, 07-28-2023||5:30 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Fri, 08-04-2023||5:30 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Fri, 08-11-2023||5:30 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Fri, 08-18-2023||5:30 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|