Clinical research is governed by a set of broad regulatory requirements, industry standards and recommendations. Interpreting and implementing these “best practice” standards presents a challenge for all the stakeholders involved in human research. This course explores the framework and principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) as it relates to the roles and responsibilities of various stakeholders like the FDA, Investigator, Sponsor, IRB and the study subject. Through lectures, homework, quizzes and the final exam, you will gain knowledge of regulations (federal, state and local) and learn to apply the principles of GCP.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Describe the fundamental principles of Good Clinical Practices (GCP)
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of key players and stakeholders as it relates to Human Subject Protection
- Explain the principles of GCP to answer questions arising from everyday clinical research situations
- Identify various regulations that directly or indirectly impact GCP
- Regulations, Standards and Principles
- Sponsors and Protocol
- Institutional Review Board and HIPAA
- Study Documentation, Source Data and Test Article
- Quality Management (Monitoring)
- Patient Recruitment, Financial Disclosure and Compliance
Working knowledge of:
- Communication and collaboration tools such as Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, or LibreOffice
- Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Canvas including navigation links, modules, etc.
Additional InformationPlease review section notes to view the full schedule.
Professional CreditCA BRN/LVN Credit--Provider #CEP13114
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.