25% off all 2020 Summer Courses
Courses starting June through August 31. Discount applied at checkout. Not applicable toward Legal or Paralegal Studies courses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All summer classes are offered in a live-online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Build Your Administrative Professional Skills
Once you have a solid foundation in administrative support, you can build your own career trajectory. This is especially true in the UCSC Extension Specialization for Administrative Professionals where you learn practical skills in three key areas:
- Business Finance
- Strategic Communications, and
- Effective Writing.
Add on an elective such as facilitation, project management, customer relations, or public relations fundamentals and launch your career in business support.
Learning Outcomes in the Administrative Professionals Program
- Develop a broad understanding of financial concepts and tools.
- Demonstrate effective organizational communication.
- Apply proficiency fundamentals of administrative roles including human resources, financial responsibilities, public relations, and project management.
Career Path Versatility
You can continue to grow your career by applying the units from this specialization to the Business Administration, Human Resource Management and Marketing Management certificates. Make yourself an invaluable member of any dynamic team.
Estimated Cost: $3,000 (you pay only for courses you enroll in)
Required Credits: 4 courses/minimum 6.5 units. Take 2 core courses (3 units) and 2 elective credit courses (3.5–4 units)
Duration: A student can complete this specialization in 6 months.
1. Two Required Courses
2. Two Elective Courses Required
3. Enroll in the Specialization Completion Fee to request your Specialization once all other requirements have been met.
Specialization Inquiry Form
You can enroll in a specialization program at any time during your studies.
Once you create your student account, you can enroll in a specialization program. Note that the benefit of enrolling early is that it locks in your specialization requirements. This means that even if program requirements change, the requirements to complete your specialization will remain the same for you.
- You must enroll in the specialization program before enrolling in the Specialization Completion Review.
You have a total of three years to complete the courses for a specialization.
All the necessary units in a specialization must be completed within a three-year window. The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2019, you would have to complete all of the required units in this certificate by Sept. 4, 2022.
- Enrolling in a specialization program does not trigger the beginning of the three-year window. It begins the first day of the first course that applies to the program.
- The Completion Review process does not have to occur within the three-year timeframe.