Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Enjoy a fully remote summer of professional education at the Silicon Valley Campus and the re-emergence of in-person courses in September. Visit our COVID update page.
Enrollment Frequently Asked Question
Should I declare candidacy?
Once you declare, it ensures that curriculum changes subsequent to receipt of your application will not affect your course requirements.
Some great reasons to declare candidacy
- You lock in requirements for the certificate or specialization.
- You will receive program updates.
- You are setting your intention.
- It's free.
How do I declare candidacy (or enroll in a certificate or specialization program)?
Enroll in a certificate program any time
Once you create your student account, you can enroll in a certificate program. Although you can enroll in a program at any time, the benefit of enrolling early is that it locks in your certificate requirements. This means that even if program requirements change, the requirements to complete your certificate will remain the same for you.
- You must enroll in the certificate program before enrolling in the Certificate Completion Review.
Five years to get it done (or three, for a specialization)
All the necessary units in a certificate must be completed within a five-year window. The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the certificate program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2017, you would have to complete all of the required units in this certificate by Sept. 4, 2022.
- Enrolling in a certificate program does not trigger the beginning of the five-year window. It begins the first day of the first course that applies to a certificate program.
- The Certificate Completion Review process does not have to occur within the five-year timeframe.