Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Fall classes are offered remotely—either live-online with an instructor, entirely self-paced, or in a blended online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Learn key communication and leadership skills vital to success: listening, storytelling, public speaking, and meeting facilitation, while building confidence and your ability to positively influence others.
In this eight-week course you will get to practice new communication skills each week, learning through a blend of lecture, video, discussion, immersive group activities, and problem-solving team assignments.
You'll have the opportunity to prepare impromptu and prepared speeches, sharpen your listening skills, enhance your credibility, and learn new modes of business communication. You will also sharpen your individual meeting facilitation skills and develop the mental ability to be creative, flexible, and adaptable in real-time. Assignments include reading, researching, and creating content to share in class.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Increase your credibility, raise your visibility, address dissent, recover from a mistake, have difficult conversations, and build a credible reputation.
- Understand the role of influence, persuasion and power inform relationships and how you can enhance your effectiveness in the workplace.
- Design and deliver powerful presentations of different types including an elevator pitch, reports. and enrollment conversations.
- Think on your feet, get your butterflies to fly in formation and effectively communicate in the moment.
- Leverage the power of story in your speeches, training, coaching, and one-on- one work with others.
- Sharpen your listening skills in, one-on-one and in group environments as well as on the phone and in meetings that are live and virtual.
- Master results-oriented techniques for planning and implementing effective meetings.
- Unleash your creativity through writing and speaking, and partnering in small and large groups.
- Understand how to be credible and influential communicators online as well as in live situations.
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 19.25 hours.
Effective February 22, 2020, this course is valid for 19.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.