Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Business Communications | BUSM.X404
Learn key communication and leadership skills vital to success: listening, storytelling, public speaking, and meeting facilitation, while building confidence and your ability to positively influence others. Students in this eight-week course will get to practice new communication skills each week, learning through a blend of lecture, video, discussion, immersive group activities, and problem-solving team assignments. You'll have the opportunity to deliver impromptu and prepared speeches, sharpen your listening skills, enhance your credibility, and learn new modes of business communication. You will hone your individual meeting facilitation skills and develop the mental ability to be creative, flexible, and adaptable in real time. Assignments include reading, researching, and creating content to share in class. There is no prerequisite for this course.
- Think on your feet, get your butterflies to fly in formation, and effectively communicate in the moment.
- Design and deliver powerful presentations of different types.
- Increase your credibility, raise your visibility, address dissent, recover from a mistake, have difficult conversations, and build a credible reputation.
- Understand the role of influence, persuasion and power to inform relationships and how you can enhance your effectiveness in the workplace.
- Leverage the power of story in your speeches, training, coaching, and one-on-one work with others.
- Sharpen your listening skills with individuals and in group environments as well as on the phone and in meetings that are in person and virtual.
- Master results-oriented techniques for planning and implementing effective meetings.
- Unleash your creativity through writing and speaking, and partnering in small and large groups.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 01-11-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 01-18-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 01-25-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 02-01-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 02-08-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 02-15-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 02-22-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 03-01-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|