25% off all 2020 Summer Courses
Discount applies to courses starting before September 1. Not applicable toward Legal or Paralegal Studies courses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All summer & fall classes are offered remotely—either live-online with an instructor, entirely self-paced, or in a blended online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
An incomplete grade, “I,” may be issued to accommodate the completion of coursework of passing quality after the course end date due to circumstances beyond a student’s control. All requests should be made at least seven days before the last day of class and cannot be made after the course has ended.
Incomplete grades are contingent upon instructor approval, and instructors are under no obligation to grant them. Incomplete grades are not generally permitted for WIB, VA, or international students. Exceptions must be approved by the relevant academic department.
To request an incomplete grade, you must first contact email@example.com and request review by the department. Your email should explain the circumstances that prevent you from completing the course. You should also explain what portion of the coursework is left to complete. If you qualify, you will receive a signed Petition for Incomplete form authorizing you to pursue an agreement with the instructor.
IMPORTANT: Students approved for an incomplete will not receive additional instruction or access to the online course website. The student must coordinate with the instructor to copy or print out any resources from the online classroom and discussion forum that will be needed to complete the coursework. Students are not permitted to audit future courses to make up the missed work.
An “I” designation will be issued only if:
- The student presents extenuating circumstances for not completing the coursework within the prescribed time.
- The student has successfully completed a minimum of 70 percent of the coursework, which may include assignments, assessments, and other projects.
- The student and instructor reach an agreement on the work required to complete the course and the due date by which the student will submit the work to the instructor. The due date should be within three months of the final class meeting or online course end date.
- A written Petition for Incomplete Grade form documenting the remaining coursework and due date is signed by the student and returned to the relevant academic department before the final class meeting.
- Once the necessary work has been graded by the instructor, the “I” will be changed to the appropriate grade. Incomplete grades must be cleared by the agreed upon deadline or the “I” will convert to “F.”
The final grade will only be accepted from the instructor. Forms without a signature, grade, or date will be returned to the department and will delay updating the student’s record.