Customer-focused project management
Jumpstart your career for today's rapidly changing organizations with a specialization in Lean-Agile project management methodologies. In this short specialization program, you will learn the current knowledge and practices of Agile product life-cycle management (APLM), including Lean-Agile principles, systems thinking, Scrum and Kanban methodologies, and the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe©) for Lean Enterprises.
Your new knowledge and skills—including effective customer collaboration, adaptive planning, and leading cross-function teams—will be the essential elements for implementing shorter iterative development cycles with more frequent product releases with higher quality for delighted customers.
Lean-Agile Project Management Professional Award objectives
- Apply Lean-Agile principles and mindful practices within the context of the project team and the larger organization;
- Originate and evolve iterative release plans, from concept to cash, based on rapid delivery of business value, using stakeholder collaboration, and empowered cross-functional teams practicing real-time continuous improvement; and
- Succeed within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe©) for Lean Enterprises to achieve organizational-level agility by leading knowledgeably and effectively with enterprise-wide Lean-Agile teams.
As a PMI Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.), UCSC Silicon Valley Extension has agreed to abide by PMI-established quality assurance criteria.
Our courses are compliant with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK® Guide, Sixth Edition.
PMI® Professional Development Units
You can earn professional development units by taking our PMI®-approved courses toward each of the seven PMI® professional certifications.
The number of units for each UCSC Extension course is based on how the content fits into the PMI Talent Triangle® of three critical areas—Technical Project Management, Leadership, and Strategic & Business Management. In a nutshell, leadership and strategic and business management course hours are applicable for PDUs in all seven PMI certifications. However, course hours spent on the technical area can only be applied to technical certification. See our PMI® PDU chart for more information.
The Project Management Institute (PMI)®, the Project Management Professional (PMP)®, and the PMBOK® Guide are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Estimated Cost: $3,000 (you pay only for courses you enroll in)
Required Credits: Total required: 4 courses or 6 units. Take 2 core courses (3 units) and 2 elective credit courses (3 units).
Duration: A student can complete this professional award in 6 months.
1. Prerequisite Course "Role of the Project Manager" or equivalent work experience.
2. Two Required Courses
3. Two Elective Courses Required
4. Enroll in the Award Completion Fee to request your Award once all other requirements have been met.