25% off all 2020 Summer Courses
Discount applies to courses starting before September 1. Not applicable toward Legal or Paralegal Studies courses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All summer & fall classes are offered remotely—either live-online with an instructor, entirely self-paced, or in a blended online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Agile Project Management Using Scrum
This course introduces the principles and practices associated with Agile project management using the popular Scrum framework. We will discuss the project management processes of initiating, planning and executing, as well as monitoring, control and closing, all in the context of Scrum. Theory and real life examples will be used to demonstrate the benefits of the Scrum framework in promoting open collaboration and flexibility in adapting to changing market requirements.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Articulate and implement the theory and values behind the SCRUM framework
- Introduce the SCRUM methodology into their project organization and/or company
- Coordinate and lead a development team, define artifacts and establish ceremonies for implementing the SCRUM methodology
- Define and elicit the individual responsibilities of the Development Team, Product Owner, and Scrum Master
- Facilitate sprint planning meetings, daily standup meetings, sprint demos, and team retrospectives
- Implement collaborative techniques for facilitating team decision making
- History of Scrum
- Business benefits from using Scrum
- Scrum process – planning and executing Sprints
- Scrum roles and their significance
- Scrum ceremonies
- Scrum artifacts
- Scrum example scenarios
- Scrum culture
- How to adopt Scrum in an organization
The Project Management Institute (PMI)®--PMP® 15 Professional Development Units.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.