All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
This course introduces the principles and practices associated with Agile project management using the popular Scrum framework. We will discuss the project management processes of initiating, planning and executing, as well as monitoring, control and closing, all in the context of Scrum. Theory and real life examples will be used to demonstrate the benefits of the Scrum framework in promoting open collaboration and flexibility in adapting to changing market requirements.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
- Articulate and implement the theory and values behind the SCRUM framework
- Introduce the SCRUM methodology into their project organization and/or company
- Coordinate and lead a development team, define artifacts and establish ceremonies for implementing the SCRUM methodology
- Define and elicit the individual responsibilities of the Development Team, Product Owner, and Scrum Master
- Facilitate sprint planning meetings, daily standup meetings, sprint demos, and team retrospectives
- Implement collaborative techniques for facilitating team decision making
- History of Scrum
- Business benefits from using Scrum
- Scrum process – planning and executing Sprints
- Scrum roles and their significance
- Scrum ceremonies
- Scrum artifacts
- Scrum example scenarios
- Scrum culture
- How to adopt Scrum in an organization
Professional CreditThe Project Management Institute (PMI)®--PMP® 15 Professional Development Units.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 08-02-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Tue, 08-09-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Tue, 08-16-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Tue, 08-23-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Tue, 08-30-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|