Data Science—Discover the hidden patterns
Develop an understanding of data science by learning how to find, organize, manage, and process large volumes of real-world data. In this streamlined package of introductory data science courses, you’ll perform data manipulation and analysis using Python.
By leveraging your mathematical and statistical skills to find patterns, value, and insights, you’ll gain valuable insights and gain expertise in creating stunning visualizations and statistical models using R.
Students completing this program should be able to:
- Develop complex functions and scripts to perform complicated calculations to solve engineering, financial, mathematical, and scientific problems and visualize the results of these calculations.
- Install and configure Python and essential Python development tools and write programs to perform data analysis, statistical analysis, learning, and AI techniques.
- Manage and manipulate data, perform data type conversions, merge datasets, deal with missing values, and extract, delete, or transform subsets of data based on logical criteria.
- Discuss the importance of data analysis for data science, data visualization, and exploration.
You can learn more in this field in the Data Engineering specialization or the more in-depth Data Science and Data Analysis certificate program.
Show off your skills with a digital badge
Learn more about this career.
Open Positions in the U.S.
Estimated Cost: $2,920 (You pay only for courses you enroll in.)
Program Requirements: 3 courses (9 quarter units)
Minimum Hours of Instruction: 90
Estimated Duration: 6 – 9 months
1. Required Course(s): You must successfully complete the three courses below.
2. Completion Review
Meet Our Instructors
Specialization Inquiry Form
Speak to a student services representative.
Call (408) 861-3860
Establish candidacy in a certificate or specialization
Once you create your student account, you can establish candidacy in a certificate or specialization program any time during your studies.
The benefits of enrolling early
- Lock in your certificate requirements.This means that even if program requirements change, the requirements to complete your certificate will remain the same for you
- Receive program updates
- Set your intention
- It’s free
To complete a program, you must enroll in the certificate program before enrolling in the Certificate Completion Review.
You have five years to complete all necessary courses in a certificate program or three years to finish up a specialization program.
All the necessary units in a certificate must be completed within this window.* The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the certificate program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2017, you would have to complete all of the required units in this certificate by Sept. 4, 2022.
Enrolling in a certificate program does not trigger the beginning of the five-year window. It begins the first day of the first course that applies to a certificate program. The Certificate Completion Review process does not have to occur within the five-year timeframe.
For more information: How do I get my certificate or specialization?
* Students participating in a special program, such as workforce, international, Personal Financial Planning, or curriculum partner programs (such as GreenFig or CLS by Barbri) may have a shorter completion requirement.