25% off all 2020 Summer Courses
Discount applies to courses starting before September 1. Not applicable toward Legal or Paralegal Studies courses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All summer & fall classes are offered remotely—either live-online with an instructor, entirely self-paced, or in a blended online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Rev up your social media strategy
This is a quick, deep dive into the social media marketer toolbox. Students learn key digital technologies and tools to compete for customers in the digital economy, broaden their online audience, and leverage social media to create measurable business results. Explore how key social media channels, branded communities, blogs, video, and messenger apps fit into B2B and B2C marketing strategies and create a social media marketing plan grounded in analytics. You will learn the best practices of online market research and sponsored content campaigns and understand how social media can add value to particular job functions to exceed performance goals.
Specialization in Social Media Marketing program objectives
- Know your audience
- Understand the strengths of major social media channels
- Develop your own social media campaigns.
- Manage, monitor and analyze your social media presence.
Estimated Cost: $2,700 (you pay only for courses you enroll in)
Required Credits: Total Required: 3 courses (6 units)
Duration: A student can complete this specialization in 6–9 months.
1. Required Courses
2. Capstone Course
3. Enroll in the Specialization Completion Fee to request your Specialization once all other requirements have been met.
Specialization Inquiry Form
Please review course descriptions to ensure that you have taken necessary prerequisites or meet the requirements through job experience or previous education.
Recommended Course Sequence
It is strongly recommended that you take the required courses in this sequence:
- Social Media Marketing Fundamentals
- Advanced Social Media Marketing: A Practical Approach for Business
- Application of Social Media for Business Growth
To receive your certificate
Upon completion of the course sequence you may request your Specialization in Social Media Marketing Completion Review.
You can enroll in a specialization program at any time during your studies.
Once you create your student account, you can enroll in a specialization program. Note that the benefit of enrolling early is that it locks in your specialization requirements. This means that even if program requirements change, the requirements to complete your specialization will remain the same for you.
- You must enroll in the specialization program before enrolling in the Specialization Completion Review.
You have a total of three years to complete the courses for a specialization.
All the necessary units in a specialization must be completed within a three-year window. The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2019, you would have to complete all of the required units in this certificate by Sept. 4, 2022.
- Enrolling in a specialization program does not trigger the beginning of the three-year window. It begins the first day of the first course that applies to the program.
- The Completion Review process does not have to occur within the three-year timeframe.