Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Rev up your social media strategy
This is a quick, deep dive into the social media marketer toolbox. Students learn key digital technologies and tools to compete for customers in the digital economy, broaden their online audience, and leverage social media to create measurable business results. Explore how key social media channels, branded communities, blogs, video, and messenger apps fit into B2B and B2C marketing strategies and create a social media marketing plan grounded in analytics. You will learn the best practices of online market research and sponsored content campaigns and understand how social media can add value to particular job functions to exceed performance goals.
Specialization in Social Media Marketing program objectives
- Know your audience
- Understand the strengths of major social media channels
- Develop your own social media campaigns.
- Manage, monitor and analyze your social media presence.
Estimated Cost (You pay only for courses you enroll in): $2,700
Required Credits: Total Required: 3 courses (6 units)
Duration: A student can complete this specialization in 6–9 months.
1. Required Course(s):
2. Capstone Course:
3. Completion Review:
Specialization Inquiry Form
It is strongly recommended that you take the required courses in this sequence:
- Social Media Marketing Fundamentals
- Advanced Social Media Marketing: A Practical Approach for Business
- Application of Social Media for Business Growth
To receive your certificate
Upon completion of the course sequence you may request your Specialization in Social Media Marketing Completion Review.
Please review course descriptions to ensure that you have taken necessary prerequisites or meet the requirements through job experience or previous education.
Establish candidacy in a certificate or specialization
Once you create your student account, you can establish candidacy in a certificate or specialization program any time during your studies.
The benefits of enrolling early
- Lock in your certificate requirements.This means that even if program requirements change, the requirements to complete your certificate will remain the same for you
- Receive program updates
- Set your intention
- It’s free
To complete a program, you must enroll in the certificate program before enrolling in the Certificate Completion Review.
You have five years to complete all necessary courses in a certificate program or three years to finish up a specialization program.
All the necessary units in a certificate must be completed within this window.* The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the certificate program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2017, you would have to complete all of the required units in this certificate by Sept. 4, 2022.
Enrolling in a certificate program does not trigger the beginning of the five-year window. It begins the first day of the first course that applies to a certificate program. The Certificate Completion Review process does not have to occur within the five-year timeframe.
For more information: How do I get my certificate or specialization?
* Students participating in a special program, such as workforce, international, Personal Financial Planning, or curriculum partner programs (Udacity, Microfacturing Institutes) may have a shorter completion requirement.