Subscribe and Save15% discount on select winter courses for all subscribers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Fall and winter 2021 classes are offered remotely—live-online with an instructor, entirely self-paced, or in a blended online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Application of Social Media for Business Growth
This course builds on top of the courses "Fundamentals, Social Media Marketing" and "Advanced Social Media Marketing: A Practical Approach for Business," enabling students to apply the range of their newly acquired social media and marketing skills in a simulated real world environment. Students will expand upon the social media marketing strategies they have created during the "Advanced Social Media Marketing: A Practical Approach for Business" course, adding the depth required to succeed in a Silicon Valley work environment.
Emphasis is placed on creating a social media campaign that:
- Teaches students to support all of their decisions with facts
- Acknowledges the reality of often limited resources and competing priorities
- Presents a clear assessment of the best marketing mix without a bias for social media
- Demonstrates the application of cutting-edge social media tools, techniques and concepts
- Gives students the opportunity to present and defend their ideas in front of a Silicon Valley employer
- The course will further hone students’ social media marketing proficiency by introducing concepts like cross-platform campaigns, programmatic marketing, as well as the application of social media management tools for teams.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Allocate resources to each step of your project
- Assign objectives, metrics, and tools to each channel
- Create highly targeted ads using advertising networks and platforms
- Conduct additional market research to validate your social strategies
- Evaluate the practicality of marketing automation and analytics tools for your project, in the areas of planning, execution, decision-making, monitoring, and reporting
- Apply best practices for cross-platform campaigns across different devices
- Expand your target audience personas
- Create a professional looking project presentation
It is recommended that students have a marketing background, or take "Principles of Marketing" prior to enrolling in this course.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.