Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Enjoy a fully remote summer of professional education at the Silicon Valley Campus and the re-emergence of in-person courses in September. Visit our COVID update page.
Integrated Marketing Communication | MKTG.X408
A proper integrated marketing communication plan is the best way to reach your appropriate target market with consistent, meaningful and credible messaging in a cost-effective and measurable way. This course shows you how to develop an effective blend of public relations, advertising, internet marketing, direct marketing, personal selling, incentives and other marketing tools, so that they all convey a consistent message. Geared for students both on the client and agency side of marketing communications, you will learn from practical in-class team exercises, discussions, case studies and project presentations how to develop a plan and budget with a good return on investment.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Explain the manager's role in the marketing communication process
- Determine marketing communication objectives versus general marketing objectives
- Properly identify the key messages for your target markets
- Know and use the criteria for developing creative materials
- Evaluate and integrate all the various marketing communication tools available
- Select the appropriate traditional and modern digital media channels
- Develop integrated budgets using the "Task Method"
- Develop and implement measurement and feedback processes.
- Properly identify Target Markets using PSYCHOGRAPHICS.
It is generally expected that you have had some marketing experience or have taken the Principles of Marketing course.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Wed, 09-29-2021||12:00 a.m.||12:00 a.m.||Online Traditional||ONLINE|
|Wed, 12-15-2021||11:58 p.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Traditional||ONLINE|