Beyond the hype: Practical AI for workplace automation
In this highly practical specialization for the nontechnical professional, students explore the characteristics of generative AI and learn real-world AI applications to improve workplace productivity.
You’ll explore AI use cases and learn to streamline your daily tasks, such as document and presentation creation, report generation, and project management—all using readily available, free AI technology and by refining your AI prompts.
Strategic innovation. Responsible AI integration.
By implementing the principles of generative AI, students address ethical challenges while deploying new models.
- Get hands-on practice with freely available AI-enhanced tools.
- Learn efficient natural language prompts for generating content.
- Experience robotic process automation (RPA).
- Integrate AI intelligence.
- Evaluate agent performance.
- Explore advancements toward human-level control.
- Increase your understanding of the ethical, responsible, and security aspects of AI.
By the end of the program, you'll be empowered to leverage AI effectively for personal and professional growth in diverse settings and have a comprehensive understanding of AI technologies, ethical implications, and practical applications across industries.
- Optimize AI technology for specific needs.
- Address ethical challenges while deploying effective generative AI models.
- Enhance workplace productivity via freely available AI-enhanced tools and prompt engineering.
- Set up and evaluate simple agents for task automation.
Estimated Cost: $2,275 (You pay only for courses you enroll in.)
Program Requirements: 7.5 CEUs
Minimum Hours of Instruction: 75 hours
Estimated Duration: A Student can complete the program in 6–9 months.
Special Programs: None
1. Required Courses: You must complete the four courses below.
2. Completion Review:
Meet Our Instructors
Specialization Inquiry Form
Who should establish candidacy?
- People who are pursuing a certificate (and have enrolled in a course in the program).
- People who want to lock in the current requirements of a certificate or specialization.
4 Simple Steps to a Certificate or Specialization
- Complete a course in your selected program.
- Establish candidacy. Click on the Establish Candidacy button on your program page.
- Take all required courses for certificate completion.
- Once your grades are posted on your final course, enroll in the certificate review fee.
A Benefit of Establishing Candidacy
Program requirements may change. Once you commit to a program by establish your candidacy, you will not have to change your plans to meet new requirements. They are locked in for you. Timeline: 4 years to get it done (or 3 for a specialization) You must complete all the necessary units in a certificate within a four-year window. The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the certificate program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2023, you would have to finish by Sept. 4, 2027.
Note: Establishing candidacy does not trigger the beginning of the four-year window. It begins the first day of the first course in your chosen certificate program. The Certificate Completion Review process does not have to occur within the four-year timeframe.
Exceptions to the four-year requirement
- If you Established candidacy prior to Jan. 1, 2024, you will have five years to complete a program.
- Students participating in a special program, such as workforce, international, or our curriculum partner programs, such as the Legal Studies courses (CLS by Barbri) and sales and business courses (Ziplines Education) have shorter completion requirements.