Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
The Business of AI | AISV.800
The demand for artificial intelligence (AI) technologies in industry has grown 270 percent in just four years creating huge job opportunities for the people who understand the technology as well as the developing business impact of such disruption. This course is not just for software engineers. In a hands-on, workshop-style environment, students will explore the future of AI and its potential on organizational levels.
You will focus on:
- Understanding the business and managerial implications of AI
- Becoming better at using AI technologies
- Learning to successfully integrate AI into your organization.
We will start by demystifying AI with an introduction to the technology, including an overview of machine learning (ML), deep learning (DL), neuro-linguistic programming (NLP), and autonomous systems. We will review definitions and buzzwords; the hype vs. reality; and the evolution of key AI technologies.
A survey of how enterprises are using AI will help you identify opportunities in your own companies. You will gain exposure to AI applications across functional areas, including:
- The workflow of an AI project—from proof of concept to production
- The importance of data
- The skills needed for AI
- A map of AI tools, infrastructure, and frameworks
Topics also include the economics of AI technologies and business models, as well as risks and regulatory compliance. You will explore an AI transformation playbook and learn how AI can be integrated into business functions through rich case studies and an AI-first strategy. Ethical, legal, and economic implications will be covered for business strategy and society as well as AI’s impact on work and trends in the labor market.
Finally, the future of work will be discussed, its changing nature, the balance between people and machines and the training, reskilling, and retention of needed talent.
By the end of this course, you will be able to create a business roadmap for implementation of AI in your specific domain areas.
Learning OutcomesAt the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Discuss AI hype vs reality
- Implement a machine learning program to gain an operational view of an AI project
- Identify opportunities to apply AI in your own business
- Leverage AI on business strategy to unlock new opportunities, differentiate or innovate
- Navigate ethical and societal implications of AI
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 02-05-2022||9:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sat, 02-12-2022||9:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sat, 02-19-2022||9:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sat, 02-26-2022||9:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sat, 03-05-2022||9:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|