AI Essentials | AISV.813
In this introductory course, students will learn about the latest developments in the field of artificial intelligence as well as their practical applications. They will explore ChatGPT, Auto-GPT, Chatsonic, DALL-E, and other AI systems, and have the opportunity to interact directly with the technology to experience its potential and limitations.
This course is ideal for anyone who wants to gain an understanding of emerging AI technology and its industry applications. It prepares you to pursue our developing AI program series as a user or developer, and is suitable for individuals who are considering a career in data science, machine learning, or AI.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Discuss the fundamental characteristics of AI systems and the technologies used in AI-powered applications.
- Describe applications of AI in the real world.
- Demonstrate basic skills interacting with generative AI applications.
- Discuss the current state of AI development, its promise, the potential dangers, and ethical considerations.
- Overview of AI, machine learning, deep learning, and generative AI
- Applications of AI
- The development and deployment processes of AI applications
- Limitations, pitfalls, and dangers
- Future directions in AI
- Career opportunities and basic requirements to qualify for these jobs
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 12-02-2023||9:00 a.m.||3:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|