25% off all 2020 Summer Courses
Courses starting June through August 31. Discount applied at checkout. Not applicable toward Legal or Paralegal Studies courses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All spring & summer classes are offered in a live-online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Meet the Growing Demand for Python Developers
Python, one of the most widely used programming languages in the open source community, is in high demand by employers in just about every industry. It is especially important for people interested in breaking into data science and machine learning.
Fortunately, the elegance and simplicity of Python makes it one of the easiest languages to master. In this 6.5-unit Python Specialization, you can start as a novice and, in just four to six months of hands-on practice, master the fundamentals.
This specialization includes:
- Python Programming for Beginners. Learn the fundamental principles of programming with Python, a mind-expanding, new way of thinking for novices.
- Python: Object-Oriented Programming. Gain a strong understanding of this most important programming concept, which provides the structure of most Python applications, and the basis of the language itself.
- Python for Programmers. Practice the core facilities of Python, as well as the libraries that are most important to professional programmers, and pick up the tools to create your own libraries.
Once you’ve finished with these three courses, you’ll have a competitive edge for the job market.
Estimated Cost: $2,400 (you pay only for courses you enroll in)
Required Credits: 6.5 units
Duration: 4–6 months
Specialization Inquiry Form
You can enroll in a specialization program at any time during your studies.
Once you create your student account, you can enroll in a specialization program. Note that the benefit of enrolling early is that it locks in your specialization requirements. This means that even if program requirements change, the requirements to complete your specialization will remain the same for you.
- You must enroll in the specialization program before enrolling in the Specialization Completion Review.
You have a total of three years to complete the courses for a specialization.
All the necessary units in a specialization must be completed within a three-year window. The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2019, you would have to complete all of the required units in this certificate by Sept. 4, 2022.
- Enrolling in a specialization program does not trigger the beginning of the three-year window. It begins the first day of the first course that applies to the program.
- The Completion Review process does not have to occur within the three-year timeframe.