Meet the Growing Demand for Python Developers
Python, one of the most widely used programming languages in the open source community, is in high demand by employers in just about every industry. It is especially important for people interested in breaking into data science and machine learning.
Fortunately, the elegance and simplicity of Python makes it one of the easiest languages to master. In this 6.5-unit Python Specialization, you can start as a novice and, in just four to six months of hands-on practice, master the fundamentals.
This specialization includes:
- Python Programming for Beginners. Learn the fundamental principles of programming with Python, a mind-expanding, new way of thinking for novices.
- Python: Object-Oriented Programming. Gain a strong understanding of this most important programming concept, which provides the structure of most Python applications, and the basis of the language itself.
- Python for Programmers. Practice the core facilities of Python, as well as the libraries that are most important to professional programmers, and pick up the tools to create your own libraries.
Once you’ve finished with these three courses, you’ll have a competitive edge for the job market.
Estimated Cost: $2,400 (You pay only for courses you enroll in.)
Program Requirements: 6.5 units
Minimum Hours of Instruction:
Estimated Duration: 4–6 months
Special Programs: None
1. Required Course(s): You must successfully complete the three courses below.
2. Completion Review:
Meet Our Instructors
Specialization Inquiry Form
Who should establish candidacy?
- People who are pursuing a certificate (and have enrolled in a course in the program).
- People who want to lock in the current requirements of a certificate or specialization.
4 Simple Steps to a Certificate or Specialization
- Complete a course in your selected program.
- Establish candidacy. Click on the Establish Candidacy button on your program page.
- Take all required courses for certificate completion.
- Once your grades are posted on your final course, enroll in the certificate review fee.
A Benefit of Establishing Candidacy
Program requirements may change. Once you commit to a program by establish your candidacy, you will not have to change your plans to meet new requirements. They are locked in for you. Timeline: 4 years to get it done (or 3 for a specialization) You must complete all the necessary units in a certificate within a four-year window. The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the certificate program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2023, you would have to finish by Sept. 4, 2027.
Note: Establishing candidacy does not trigger the beginning of the four-year window. It begins the first day of the first course in your chosen certificate program. The Certificate Completion Review process does not have to occur within the four-year timeframe.
Exceptions to the four-year requirement
- If you Established candidacy prior to Jan. 1, 2024, you will have five years to complete a program.
- Students participating in a special program, such as workforce, international, or our curriculum partner programs, such as the Legal Studies courses (CLS by Barbri) and sales and business courses (Ziplines Education) have shorter completion requirements.