Python for Programmers | CMPR.X416
Python language is gaining popularity because its use enhances program correctness and increases programmer efficiency. Because of its clear and elegant syntax, dynamic typing, automatic memory management, and straight-forward module architecture, Python is simple to learn and fun to use. Its code is easy to read, write, extend and modify. This lab-based course offers proficiency in the core concepts of Python, and the skills and knowledge for building applications using any of the hundreds of thousands of task-specific Python libraries.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Learn and practice writing Pythonic code: efficient, accurate, easy to read/write
- Describe the Python environment and code introspection
- Express Python Syntax: flow control, function protocols, exception handling and functional programming
- Use Built-in data types: strings, tuples, lists, dictionaries and sets
- Apply Object-oriented features: classes, inheritance and overriding
- Build applications, packages, and libraries
- Create iterators, generators, decorators, and context managers
- The Python environment: interpretation, integrated development environment, code introspection
- Syntax: flow control, f-string formatting, function protocols, exception handling, functional programming
- Built-in data types: strings, tuples, lists, sets, dictionaries
- Sequence manipulations: slicing, accessing, packing, unpacking, sorting by an arbitrary sort key
- Object-oriented features: classes and inheritance
- Building applications, modules, packages, and libraries
- Popular libraries: os, sys, copy, unittest, cProfile, optparse, unittest, shutil, tempfile, subprocess, and more
- Pythonic thinking: namespaces, internationalization, iterators, generators, decorators, dynamic coding, context managers
Note(s): The Python interpreter is free software and runs on all popular platforms.
Skills Needed: Significant experience in any programming language.
Have a question about this course?
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 06-15-2021||12:01 a.m.||12:02 a.m.||Online||ONLINE|
|Tue, 09-14-2021||11:58 p.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online||ONLINE|