All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Learn and practice writing Pythonic code: efficient, accurate, easy to read/write
- Describe the Python environment and code introspection
- Express Python Syntax: flow control, function protocols, exception handling and functional programming
- Use Built-in data types: strings, tuples, lists, dictionaries and sets
- Apply Object-oriented features: classes, inheritance and overriding
- Build applications, packages, and libraries
- Create iterators, generators, decorators, and context managers
- The Python environment: interpretation, integrated development environment, code introspection
- Syntax: flow control, f-string formatting, function protocols, exception handling, functional programming
- Built-in data types: strings, tuples, lists, sets, dictionaries
- Sequence manipulations: slicing, accessing, packing, unpacking, sorting by an arbitrary sort key
- Object-oriented features: classes and inheritance
- Building applications, modules, packages, and libraries
- Popular libraries: os, sys, copy, unittest, cProfile, optparse, unittest, shutil, tempfile, subprocess, and more
- Pythonic thinking: namespaces, internationalization, iterators, generators, decorators, dynamic coding, context managers
Note(s): The Python interpreter is free software and runs on all popular platforms.
Skills Needed: Significant experience in any programming language.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 06-14-2022||12:01 a.m.||12:02 a.m.||Online Self-paced||ONLINE|
|Tue, 09-13-2022||11:58 p.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Self-paced||ONLINE|