All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
The course covers the important concepts and programming mechanisms that exist in all programming languages: reading and writing to standard IO, using operators, controlling the flow of execution, using functions, reading and writing files, and basic object-oriented programming concepts. It also includes Python-specific facilities such as code introspection, re-use, built-in sequence types, and iteration.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Develop programs using a basic integrated development environment (IDE)
- Develop small-to-medium size programs that demonstrate a solid understanding of software development in Python
- Write Python programs using the core elements of variables and flow control structures
- Write Python functions to facilitate code reuse
- Work with the Python standard library
- Write Python programs following a specific style guide
- Explore Python's object-oriented features
Note(s): The pace of this course may be slow for people who are familiar with a programming language. If you have a basic understanding of Python, you may want to consider the intermediate level "Python: Object-Oriented Programming" (CMPR.X420). More experienced programmers should take "Python for Programmers" (CMPR.X416).
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 06-14-2022||12:01 a.m.||12:02 a.m.||Online Self-paced||ONLINE|
|Tue, 09-13-2022||11:58 p.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Self-paced||ONLINE|