Enroll Now for Spring Discount15% discount on select spring courses for all subscribers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our courses are taught remotely through spring 2021. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Push to your creative edge
Our Specialization in Mobile Application Development focuses your development expertise in one of the fastest growing fields in technology. Learn to develop iPad, iPhone, and Android applications, and create an engaging interface design. A professional specialization recognizes your experience in this growing industry.
Mobile Application Development program objectives
- Demonstrate proficiency with design concepts, theory, and principles relating to the design process and software tools of mobile application designs.
- Apply critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills to a variety of web and mobile app design and production cases.
- Create a professional quality mobile application with cloud backend services that is in line with the fundamentals of mobile cybersecurity guidelines.
Estimated Cost: $2,650 (You pay only for courses you enroll in)
Required Credits: Total Required: 3 courses/9 units. Take 2 required courses and choose 1 elective.
Duration: A student can complete this specialization in 6–9 months.
You must successfully complete both courses below.
SPECIALIZATION ELECTIVES (CHOOSE ONE)
Enroll in the Specialization Completion Review to request your Specialization once all other requirements have been met.
Specialization Inquiry Form
Flexible course sequence
Courses may be taken in any order provided the prerequisites are met.
To receive your certificate
Please review the course descriptions to ensure that you have taken necessary prerequisites or meet the requirements through job experience or previous education. Prerequisite language courses cannot be counted toward the specialization.
You can enroll in a specialization program at any time during your studies.
Once you create your student account, you can enroll in a specialization program. Note that the benefit of enrolling early is that it locks in your specialization requirements. This means that even if program requirements change, the requirements to complete your specialization will remain the same for you.
- You must enroll in the specialization program before enrolling in the Specialization Completion Review.
You have a total of three years to complete the courses for a specialization.
All the necessary units in a specialization must be completed within a three-year window. The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2019, you would have to complete all of the required units in this certificate by Sept. 4, 2022.
- Enrolling in a specialization program does not trigger the beginning of the three-year window. It begins the first day of the first course that applies to the program.
- The Completion Review process does not have to occur within the three-year timeframe.