Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All ongoing and spring classes have been moved to a remote format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Push to your creative edge
Our Specialization in Mobile Application Development focuses your development expertise in one of the fastest growing fields in technology. Learn to develop iPad, iPhone, and Android applications, create engaging interface design, explore cloud programming and mobile payment across platforms. A professional specialization recognizes your experience in this growing industry.
Mobile Application Development program objectives
- Create simple iOS native applications for iPhone and iPad
- Develop native Android applications using Java
- Create an engaging user interface prototype for a mobile app or the Web
- Differentiate between mobile payment technologies such as Near Field Communication, secure element, Host Card Emulation, Bluetooth, QR codes, tokens and eWallets
- Create an effective user interface that incorporates wearable technology
Estimated Cost: $3,000 (you pay only for courses you enroll in)
Required Credits: Total Required: 3–4 courses/8 units.
Duration: A student can complete this specialization in 6–9 months.
You must successfully complete 8 units from the courses below.
Enroll in the Specialization Completion Review to request your Specialization once all other requirements have been met.
Specialization Inquiry Form
Please review the course descriptions to ensure that you have taken necessary prerequisites or meet the requirements through job experience or previous education. Prerequisite language courses cannot be counted toward the specialization.
Recommended Course Sequence
Flexible course sequence
Courses may be taken in any order provided the prerequisites are met.
To receive your certificate
You can enroll in a specialization program at any time during your studies.
Once you create your student account, you can enroll in a specialization program. Note that the benefit of enrolling early is that it locks in your specialization requirements. This means that even if program requirements change, the requirements to complete your specialization will remain the same for you.
- You must enroll in the specialization program before enrolling in the Specialization Completion Review.
You have a total of three years to complete the courses for a specialization.
All the necessary units in a specialization must be completed within a three-year window. The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2019, you would have to complete all of the required units in this certificate by Sept. 4, 2022.
- Enrolling in a specialization program does not trigger the beginning of the three-year window. It begins the first day of the first course that applies to the program.
- The Completion Review process does not have to occur within the three-year timeframe.