Visit our COVID update page.
To truly complete the picture, you will explore the basics of cloud-based backend infrastructure and its integration with mobile applications. Using the Firebase cloud platform from Google, we will focus on essential topics such as user authentication, data synchronization across multiple mobile devices, analytics, and continuous application monitoring. This course also covers fundamentals of cyber security techniques for both Android and iOS mobile platforms, an extremely valuable skill set for any professional developer.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Discuss advanced architecture and design for applications on both platforms – Android and iOS
- Demonstrate the best practices of development
- Explain design patterns used towards solving common problems
- Create a professional quality mobile application with cloud backend services and in line with the fundamentals of mobile cyber security guidelines
- Background operations
- Navigation and notifications
- Web and connectivity
- Common operating system functionalities
- Maps and location services
- Backend cloud services
- Cyber security fundamentals
- Memory management and performance
Skills needed: Familiarity with at least one higher-level language such C++, Java, C#, Python, or PHP and Introduction to Mobile Application Development.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: $850
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Speak to a student services representative.
Call (408) 861-3860