Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Mobile Application Development - Android and iOS, Introduction | CMPR.X421
In this comprehensive overview course, both beginning and experienced students learn mobile application development for Android and iOS while exploring Flutter, Google’s latest cross-platform development framework; and the Kotlin and Swift programming languages. Through coursework and classroom exercises of increasing depth, students will create a fully functional mobile application.
You will get exposure to the latest technologies while learning the fundamental building blocks of application development, such as understanding architecture, life-cycles, GUI, and MVC design pattern. Developing a basic Android and iOS application during the class gives you valuable hands-on experience. A combination of theory and practical programming experience will best prepare you for your career.
This course also benefits individuals in management or on developer teams who want to efficiently execute on mobile application projects. At the end of the course, students will understand the fundamentals of building a cutting-edge mobile application on Android and iOS and how to publish it as well.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of mobile application development with an in-depth understanding of architecture and design for application on both platforms – Android and iOS
- Implement development best practices
- Discuss design patterns used towards solving common problems in application development
- Efficiently create basic mobile applications
- Development environment setup
- Android architecture
- iOS architecture
- Flutter framework
- Hello mobile app
- GUI development
- Swift and Kotlin overview
- Persistent data storage
- Tips and tricks
- Publishing on Google Play
- Publishing on App Store
- Overview of advanced topics
Skills Needed:Familiarity with at least one programming language.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 01-08-2022||9:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sat, 01-15-2022||9:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sat, 01-22-2022||9:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sat, 01-29-2022||9:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sat, 02-05-2022||9:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sat, 02-12-2022||9:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sat, 02-19-2022||9:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sat, 02-26-2022||9:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sat, 03-05-2022||9:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sat, 03-12-2022||9:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|