TESOL Practicum | TESL.X390
This practicum provides an opportunity to apply theory and methodology to the ESL classroom through supervised student teaching. Certificate candidates meet with their instructor for 10 hours, work with a master teacher and teach 25 hours in a classroom setting. Candidates prepare a lesson plan, including teaching objectives, learner outcomes, methodologies, and assessment tools. Observation and feedback sessions with the instructor are arranged individually. Candidates organize a portfolio of their coursework, sample student work, and evidence of professional achievement in the TESOL program. Portfolio review is part of the certificate evaluation.
At the end of the course, students should be able to
- Gain teaching insights through classroom observations
- Develop or enhance teaching skills, using current TESOL methodologies
- Build self confidence and independence as a professional ESL/EFL teacher
- Collaborate with fellow colleagues in problem solving and enhancing teaching techniques
- Gain experience planning lessons and teaching under the guidance of experienced instructors and peers
- Create the groundwork for continued professional growth as an ESL/EFL instructor
Have a question about this course?
This course is related to the following programs:
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.