25% off all 2020 Summer Courses
Discount applies to courses starting before September 1. Not applicable toward Legal or Paralegal Studies courses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All summer & fall classes are offered remotely—either live-online with an instructor, entirely self-paced, or in a blended online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Management of Clinical Practice
In this course educational specialists delve into the business realities of establishing a successful independent educational therapy or a learning specialist practice. Students focus on best practices for one-on-one instruction to young students and adult learners with learning differences. Learn how the role of the educational therapist/specialist includes working as an investigator/support person and strategically communicating with a client’s family, school, community, and culture. Additional course materials encourage students to dig deeper into the psychosocial aspect of learning differences and address topics of transference, counter transference, and termination.
This is an online course, and all assignments and lectures are hosted though Canvas. In addition to lectures, students master the content by:
- analyzing case studies;
- interviewing parents;
- developing marketing collateral such as business cards, flyers, and essential information forms; and
- writing by prompt for self-discovery.
Upon the conclusion of the course, students will be able to:
- Articulate the role of an educational therapist/specialist
- Assess the unique developmental needs of each client
- Manage a caseload of multiple clients
- Adhere to the ethical and professional standards of working with their clients
- Develop a roadmap and toolkit for every stage of student instruction from intake through termination
- Develop a personal outline/structure for their own clinical practice including details like marketing procedures, collaboration with other therapists, office procedures, record keeping, fee structure, time management, and work-life balance
- Distinguish between the work of an educational therapist and other service providers
- Establish appropriate partnerships/collaborations with other caregivers/service providers of each client
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Mon, 07-20-2020||12:00 a.m.||12:00 a.m.||Online||ONLINE|
|Sun, 08-30-2020||11:58 p.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online||ONLINE|
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.