See our latest COVID updates.
This course provides an interactive overview of the educational therapist's role, including discussions of ethical practices, state and federal laws related to professional responsibilities and the therapist's limitations. The responsibilities of the therapist, including case management, information gathering, assessment practices, goal setting and intervention strategies are also examined.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Define the profession of educational therapy and its relationship with other allied professions
- Identify the common qualities of educational therapists
- Describe the history of the profession
- Discuss the variations across different forms of educational therapy practice with particular attention to individual clinical practice
- List the components of a clinical, educational therapy practice
- Identify common ethical issues
- Determine one's eligibility for meeting educational therapy standards of practice
- Qualities of an Educational Therapist
- Code of Ethics
- Components of Clinical Practice
- To be successful in this class all students should have working knowledge of Google Workspace or Microsoft Office, proper email etiquette, and an essential understanding of Canvas.
Please review section notes to view the full schedule.
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 04-04-2023||12:01 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Traditional||ONLINE|
|Tue, 05-30-2023||12:01 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Traditional||ONLINE|