Visit our COVID update page.
Concurrent Enrollment for International Students
Enrolling at other schools while on an F-1 visa
International students enrolled in certificate programs may take courses at other colleges and universities to maintain their 12 credit per quarter requirement.
Students must be enrolled in at least six credits per quarter at UCSC Silicon Valley Extension to stay on Extension’s I-20 and receive assistance from an International Program Assistant. Students must also carefully follow the guidelines below to maintain F-1 visa status.
Research colleges or universities that offer courses of interest.
- You may contact the school’s registrar or student services department for enrollment assistance.
- If you need proof of enrollment at UCSC Extension and permission to enroll at another school, please contact the UCSC Extension International Advisor. The International Student Program will give you an official letter authorizing you to take courses at another school.
- Please note: One semester credit is equal to 1.5 quarter credits.
2. Submit proof of enrollment
Once you are enrolled in courses at another school, you must submit proof of enrollment to the International Advisor by the deadline indicated below. UCSC Extension’s International Advisor will keep this information on file as proof that you are enrolled in 12 units per quarter. Acceptable enrollment proof:
- An official record of registration with an official school seal signed by the registrar
- An official letter from the registrar or your instructor verifying your enrollment.
These documents must include:
- the dates or quarters you are enrolled in,
- the number of units you are taking, and
- the title(s) of the courses you are enrolled in.
3. Send official transcript
Once you finish the course, you must send an official transcript or grade report to the International Advisor before the deadline listed below.
Send transcripts to:
- International Program
UCSC Silicon Valley Extension
3175 Bowers Ave.
Santa Clara, CA 95054
International Inquiry Form
Speak to an international programs representative.
Call +1 (408) 450-4945