Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Fall classes are offered remotely—either live-online with an instructor, entirely self-paced, or in a blended online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Organizational Development and Change
Students in this course study the planned, systemic change interventions that increase effectiveness and enhance individual development. In addition to gaining exposure to evidence-based models for effective organizations, students practice the art of navigating through ambiguity. They learn to work with different personality types. In this experiential, interactive course, students engage in-group activities and collaborate on a team project, both in and out of the class.
Designed for leaders who are charged with bringing about change, this course builds a valuable foundation for managers, human resource professionals, internal and external consultants, and those interested in pursuing a career in this field. It provides an overview of the field of OD, the nature of change, and the role of the OD practitioner.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe what an organizational intervention is
- Discuss the impact of values, the definition of roles, and methods used when implementing large and small-scale change(s)
- Understand and explain basic teams and team dynamics
- Identify three major areas of organizational interventions
- Apply some of the tools and techniques of organizational development to your own work situation
- The 21st century organization
- Organizational structure, design, culture, systems and rewards
- Management and leadership
- Diagnostic models and systematic change intervention
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 19.25 hours.
Effective February 22, 2020, this course is valid for 19.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 10-03-2020||9:00 a.m.||4:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Sat, 10-10-2020||9:00 a.m.||4:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Sat, 10-17-2020||9:00 a.m.||4:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Sat, 10-24-2020||9:00 a.m.||4:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.