Spring Courses Open for Enrollment15% discount on select winter & spring courses for all subscribers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our courses are taught remotely through spring 2021. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
MySQL and Oracle Database for Developers and Designers
Oracle and MySQL are both reliable database engines commonly used for storing and serving data as web content. They are popular among developers of open source platforms and projects on the Web. High volume major websites use them. They also have a significant user base in the enterprise database market. This course is intended for DB developers and designers who want to learn MySQL and Oracle technology in depth.
The course begins by reviewing the basic SQL queries, DDL and DML operations, data retrieval from multiple tables, and different types of storage engines in databases. It then introduces the aggregate, the index merge, data manipulation, and stored procedures in MySQL. You will learn to write complex queries and get hands-on experience with advanced features such as creating sub programs, data security, triggers, and dynamic SQL. You will also learn a performance tuning strategy, server configuration, loading techniques and the application architecture for efficient database design. This is a hands-on lab-based course designed to help students master MySQL features and tune for performance.
- Review of MYSQL and Oracle database essentials
- Understanding MYSQL storage engines, transactions and features of the database and how it differs from Oracle
- Performing DDL and DML operations using SQL commands
- Retrieving data from multiple tables using JOINS
- Writing complex queries using JOINS, SUBQUERIES and nested SUB QURIES
- MYSQL functions including single-row, multiple-row, group and aggregate functions
- Understanding Oracle and MYSQL optimizer and index merge method
- Developing and managing database stored procedures including best practices
- Exception handling and error handling capabilities in both Oracle and MYSQL
- Utilizing database triggers to automate database operations
- Oracle and MYSQL performance enhancements with queries and indexes
- Database loading techniques and their effects on performance
Skills Needed: Students should have prior knowledge of the installation and basic operation of MySQL.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Mon, 04-05-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Mon, 04-12-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Mon, 04-19-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Mon, 04-26-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Mon, 05-03-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Mon, 05-10-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Mon, 05-17-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Mon, 05-24-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Mon, 06-07-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||None|
|Mon, 06-14-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||None|
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.