See our latest COVID updates.
The 3-session Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) Excellence course provides a comprehensive personal and professional development experience for the student who is either currently an HR Business Partner or aspiring to develop the skill set to grow into this role. Course participants will have the opportunity to take a "deep dive" into the craft of HR business partnering, explore the competencies required to become effective, and plan to reach heights of excellence in their current or future HRBP role. The HRBP Circle of Excellence Framework combined with the HR Functional Competency Dimensions will provide stimulating and robust content and insights for the student; all of which can be practically utilized on the job. As part of the program, every participant will have the opportunity to construct their individualized “action-oriented” development plan with respect to the knowledge, skills and abilities as detailed in the HRBP Excellence Framework.
The course will begin with a self-assessment based on the HRBP Excellence framework. Following this, targeted personal goals for development will be identified. An authentic HRBP case study will be analyzed by teams of students; including an interactive discussion and culminating in a presentation of their findings and recommendations out to the whole class. In addition, students will work in these same teams (using a study group approach) on a final project to be presented out to the whole group in Session 3. The final project will entail identifying real-life HRBP issues and challenges, selecting the most compelling scenario and then conducting a comprehensive analysis, applying the HRBP Circle of Excellence framework and functional competencies to the selected scenario (s). This project will be graded.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Assess participant’s current operating HRBP skillset, including both their individual strengths and areas for improvement/development.
- Discuss and gain an understanding of the skills and abilities required for demonstrating excellence in three core areas of focus: Develops Ideas, Advises/Influences and Promotes.
- Explain what it means to have an “action-oriented approach” to develop the three core areas on a “deeper” more sophisticated level.
- Identify the challenges and issues faced by the HRBP and be able to make solid and sound recommendations for action utilizing the HRBP Circle of Excellence framework.
- Assess levels of functional competencies required to be effective in the HRBP role.
- Apply a critical analysis approach towards the HRBP Circle of Excellence framework.
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 9.5 hours.
Effective February 22, 2020, this course is valid for 9.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.