Building Closed Memorial Day Weekend
The Silicon Valley Campus is closed Saturday, May 27 through Monday, May 29, 2023, in honor of Memorial Day. We will reopen for classes on Tuesday.
In this course, participants are introduced to report writing and the interpretation of findings from scores, interviews, and checklists. Discussion is limited to educational assessment tools which are widely used by educational therapists and do not require authorization to administer (i.e., credentialing as a school psychologist or licensing as a clinical or educational psychologist). Assessment batteries administered in the previous assessment course are used to generate the formal report. Participants also learn how to interpret test results, reports and findings from other allied professionals.
Learning OutcomesAt the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Use 3 or more standardized assessment tools
- Obtain a developmental history
- Record test results and interpret them in writing
- Summarize diagnostic information into a learning profile and recommendations
- Consent forms and confidentiality
- Scoring educational tests
- Summarizing testing data
- Making educational recommendations
- Presenting assessment findings
Working knowledge of:
- Google Workspace or Microsoft Office to submit assignments
- Canvas navigation links, modules, and using the inbox to communicate with the instructor
Please review section notes to view the full schedule.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Speak to a student services representative.
Call (408) 861-3860