Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Business Intelligence Solutions | DBDA.X402
In this comprehensive course aimed at business intelligence (BI) developers and analysts, students get to review BI tools in a hands-on environment. You will learn to convert relevant information into knowledge that supports better strategic decisions through the exploration of various business intelligence tools capable of integrating multiple data sources, processing data analysis, and building interactive dashboards. You will also work with databases that are often used with data management, reporting, and analytics capabilities.
Using the Microsoft BI stack as an example platform, you will learn how to create supercharged pivot tables with Power Pivot, a Microsoft Excel add-in application and a data model that makes Power Pivot perform amazingly fast allowing you to analyze the data in new and interesting ways.
We’ll also use Power Query to do some data munging—shaping, cleaning and transforming data using intuitive interfaces without having to use code. Additionally, we’ll build dashboards, charts, and maps using Power BI, Microsoft’s premiere analytics and reporting tool.
By the end of the course, you will have experience building BI solutions with multiple data sources using popular tools.
Note that while SQL Server experience is not required, the basic concepts of relational database design will not be covered in this course.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Describe the principles of business intelligence and apply these principles to real-world projects
- Discuss with business management the best BI tool to purchase which will shed light on your business challenges
- Explain how to build an enterprise level BI data flow
- Identify key performance indicators to measure success in your business
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.