Grades Frequently Asked Question

Can I receive an Incomplete (I) grade?

Under certain circumstances, an “Incomplete” (“I”) may be authorized for students who are unable to complete a course within the prescribed time. You need to make a request to the program department at Your request for an incomplete status requires the department’s written approval. Students must have completed a minimum of 70 percent of the course work and it must be of passing quality in order to qualify for an incomplete grade.

An “I” grade may be changed to an appropriate grade notation by the instructor upon completion of all necessary work. If the “I” grade is not cleared within a maximum of three months following the course end date, it will convert automatically to an “F.” Please read the full incomplete policy for details.