Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Enjoy a fully remote summer of professional education at the Silicon Valley Campus and the re-emergence of in-person courses in September. Visit our COVID update page.
Grades Frequently Asked Question
Can I receive an Incomplete grade?
Under certain circumstances, an “Incomplete” (“I”) may be authorized for students who are unable to complete a course within the prescribed time.
To request an incomplete grade
Please make a request to the program department at Extensionservices@ucsc.edu.
Your request for an incomplete status requires:
- Completion of at least 70 percent of the coursework.
- All student work must be of passing quality in order.
- Written approval by the department.
- Here is the appropriate form
- If you qualify, you must submit a Petition for Incomplete Grade form authorizing you to pursue an agreement with the instructor.
- You must agree upon assignments to be completed and a due date within 90 days of the final course date.
Changing "I" grade to a letter grade
An “I” grade may be changed to an appropriate grade notation by the instructor upon completion of all necessary work. If the “I” grade is not cleared within a maximum of three months following the course end date, it will convert automatically to an “F.”
Please read the full incomplete policy for details.