Building Closed Memorial Day Weekend
The Silicon Valley Campus is closed Saturday, May 27 through Monday, May 29, 2023, in honor of Memorial Day. We will reopen for classes on Tuesday.
Enrollment Frequently Asked Question
How can I enroll?
- No application
You do not need to apply for admission to take UCSC Silicon Valley Extension courses.
- International and Workforce Development students may have additional requirements for enrollment.
- Please visit the International page if you are an F-1 student.
- Workforce Development students can learn more at the Workforce Training page.
- Do I have to take the courses in order?
There is a recommended course progression for most certificate programs to help you succeed on each certificate page.
- Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
- Enroll online or by phone
You can enroll in courses online or over the phone by speaking with a Student Services Representative.
Create your student account
You may create a student account before, or when, you enroll. Accounts are free and enable you to:
- View upcoming courses in your program and your academic history.
- Pay for courses.
- Review your payment history.
- Establish candidacy for certificates.
- Request additional information.
- Change your personal and contact information.
User name and password
Please store your user name and password where you can locate them for future logins to the site. If you lose your username or password, you can email us or call us. We will need three ways to identify you, such as your full name, phone number, and mailing address. Creating a new username and password each time you log on creates multiple records and will make it difficult to access your academic history.
Enrolling as a new student
- To enroll in a course, select a course of interest.
- From the course description page, click the "Enroll" button and "Register me."
- Select “Continue shopping” to repeat these steps to enroll in more than one course or select “Checkout” to pay for the course.
- Once you checkout, you will be prompted to log in or create a student account if you haven’t already done so.
- Log in with your credentials or select “Create my new student account” and follow the instructions.
- Continue the registration process to be successfully enrolled.
Enrolling as a returning student
- Please log in using the button in the top navigation bar on the home page.
- Enter your username and password, and then select the course in which you wish to enroll.
- From the course description, click the "Enroll" button below the course description.
- Continue shopping if you wish to add more classes.
About our courses
We offer evening, weekend, and online courses and programs to fit into your lifestyle and quickly bring you up to speed on the skills you want to learn most.
- Most certificate programs take nine months to a year to complete.
- Many of the short programs and specializations can be completed in four to six months.
- Individual courses generally take four to 10 weeks to complete.
- Prepare for success: Please follow the prerequisite guidelines to enroll.
If you have any questions about our programs, please contact Student Services at (408) 861-3860, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCSC Extension is accredited through the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Colleges and Universities (WASC).
Stay up to date on new courses, upcoming events, and alumni activities.
- Career Services
- Tutoring Services
- Forms Library
- Drops & Refunds
- Request Transcript
- Students with Disabilities
- Title IX External link
- Certificates & Costs
- 9-12 Month Study
- Get Started
- Internships & OPT
- Housing & Transportation
- Multicultural Community
- Our UC Value
- Work for Us
- Contact Us
- Map IconMap & Directions
- Phone Icon(408) 861-3700
- Envelope Iconextension@ucsc.edu
- Map Marker Icon3175 Bowers Ave, Santa Clara, CA
©2022 UCSC Silicon Valley Extension and its licensors. All rights reserved.