Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Web Applications Testing, Comprehensive | SEQA.X405
The proliferation of Web-based applications presents challenges for testing and quality. Distributed software architecture, diverse and dynamic execution environments (OSes, browsers, networks, run-time code generation), multiple programming languages or models, and a large user base all make Web testing more complex. Even non-Web-based apps today typically use Web services behind the scene, ranging from simple software updates to a “desktop shell” that hosts Web applications. These apps also require Web testing. This course provides the essential knowledge and skills needed to test Web apps and services. It covers Web testing from end to end but with more focus on the client-side testing.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand how the web works and what are the challenges in testing web based software
- Develop test plans for a feature or entire web site
- Use selenium webdriver to develop automated tests
- Understand and test REST based web services
- Implement performance and load testing for web sites
Skills Needed: Experience working with HTML and CSS required.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.