Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Understanding Learning Differences | EDTH.X309
This course helps professional educators, counselors, educational therapists, and parents understand learning differences. Current theories on neurological processing, attention and memory are presented. Through case studies, discussion, video and lecture, participants learn to identify the signs of autism, Asperger's Syndrome, nonverbal learning disorder, learning disability and attention deficit disorder, as they relate to learning tasks.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Identify characteristics and symptoms of various learning differences with emphasis on Dyslexia, ADHD, Mathematics learning difficulties, and the Autism Spectrum
- Learn about common Processing Disorders such as Visual and Auditory Perception among others
- Describe the essential components of Special Education Law as it relates to Accommodations and Modifications in the classroom
- Identify Evaluation and Assessment tools used for providing Resource services
Have a question about this course?
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
This course is related to the following programs:
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.