All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
All ESL students, whether they speak other Indo-European languages or languages outside the Indo-European family, bring special grammatical challenges to the learning process. Those challenges require that ESL teachers become fully aware of grammatical details that we normally don't need to notice. Truly effective ESL teachers must learn new ways to assist students in overcoming these grammatical hurdles. Learning these new teaching patterns is the goal of this course.
- To be successful in this class all students should have working knowledge of Google’s G Suite or Microsoft Office, proper email etiquette, and essential understanding of Canvas.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Develop detailed and thorough knowledge of English grammar
- Apply a variety of resources to enhance their teaching
- Understand fundamentals of comparative grammar relevant to an ESL classroom
- Explain and anticipate common grammatical errors in different ESL classroom environments
- Identify useful resources for different teaching contexts
- Develop practical teaching techniques, activities, and approaches
- Fundamentals of comparative grammar relevant to an ESL classroom
- Verbs: Tense, aspect, mood, and modality
- Nouns, articles, prepositions
- Cultural aspects of language use: Usage, register, context, discourse markers
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: $435
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.