Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Enjoy a fully remote summer of professional education at the Silicon Valley Campus and the re-emergence of in-person courses in September. Visit our COVID update page.
Teaching Grammar, Level II | TESL.X309
All ESL students, whether they speak other Indo-European languages or languages outside the Indo-European family, bring special grammatical challenges to the learning process. Those challenges require that ESL teachers become fully aware of grammatical detail that we normally don't need to notice. Truly effective ESL teachers must learn new ways to assist students in overcoming these grammatical hurdles. Learning these new teaching patterns is the goal of this course.
At the end of the course, students should be able to
- Develop detailed and thorough knowledge of English grammar
- Apply a variety of resources to enhance their teaching
- Understand fundamentals of comparative grammar relevant to an ESL classroom
- Explain and anticipate common grammatical errors in different ESL classroom environments
- Identify useful resources for different teaching contexts
- Develop practical teaching techniques, activities, and approaches
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.