25% off all 2020 Summer Courses
Courses starting June through August 31. Discount applied at checkout. Not applicable toward Legal or Paralegal Studies courses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All summer classes are offered in a live-online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Supply Chain Operations Management
This course covers operations from a supply chain perspective—from understanding the importance of processes and process thinking to managing the flow of products, services, and information. You will learn how supply chain partners and functional groups are becoming more integrated and how they interact with each other. You will also learn the 6S (seiri, seiton, seiso, seiketsu, shitsuke, safety and Lean methodology). Students will be able to define and describe the planning activities required to manage operations across the supply chain from the supplier to the customer and end user.
It is highly recommended that students take "Evolving Role of Supply Chain Manager" prior to taking this course.
- Discuss supply management and its role in an organizational setting
- Acknowledge the importance of quality management (QM) and the use of QM tools
- Compare various process technologies applied to production and service operations
- Operations management, strategy, and innovation
- Risk analysis and managing risk
- Managing processes and capabilities—Six Sigma methodology
- Quality management approaches and tools
- Compliance to industry standards and regulations
- 6S and Lean manufacturing methodology
- Leadership and client engagement
- Customer service and relationship management
- Planning and scheduling
- Supply and demand management
- Inventory management and forecasting
- Managing projects and change
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.