New Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Quality Management Systems for Medical Devices: ISO 13485 and FDA Requirements | MEDD.X407
Through a series of lectures, interactive discussions and case studies, this course provides in-depth exposure to the fundamental concepts and major issues central to regulatory compliance in the medical device sector. The course emphasizes using the principles of the medical device quality system (QS) regulations and ISO 13485 as tools to take a process-oriented, risk-based approach to compliance, while achieving strategic business objectives in today's dynamic regulatory environment. You will learn about key processes in the quality system medical device regulation (21 CFR 820) and ISO 13485, while learning how to address noncompliance challenges from a practical standpoint. The instructor provides insight into implementing an effective CAPA system and using it as an improvement tool. The course also discusses current industry trends, FDA initiatives, best practices for interacting with regulatory agencies, and a brief overview of the FDA Quality System Inspection Technique (QSIT) and Medical Device Single Audit (MDSAP) programs. formerly titled Medical Device Quality Systems
- "GXPs" and how they relate to each other
- The FDA QS Regulation vs. ISO 13485, including updates to ISO 13485:2016
- Regulatory intelligence resources
- How to use principles of the FDA Quality System Regulation to critically analyze a real-world company
- How to prepare and host regulatory inspections and use the quality system as a tool to achieve strategic business objectives
Have a question about this course?
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
This course is related to the following programs:
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.