See our latest COVID updates.
The principles of cognitive, developmental and social psychology, as they apply to the exceptional learner, are examined in this course. Current research is reviewed as it relates to individual differences, the learning process, and theories and problems of learning, including the impact of motivation and intelligence on the special learner. The fundamentals of physical, motor, social and emotional development at critical stages are examined. This course covers the key human learning theories, including classical, social, Piagetian, and information-processing perspectives.
Learning OutcomesAt the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Understand cognitive, social, and linguistic development
- Learn theorists and theories of learning (past and present)
- Understand and apply core concepts of learning differences, assessment, and memory
- Teaching and Educational Psychology
- Learning, Cognition, and Memory
- Instructional Strategies
- Creating a Productive Learning Environment
- Summarizing Students' Achievement and Abilities
- To be successful in this class all students should have working knowledge of Google Workspace or Microsoft Office, proper email etiquette, and an essential understanding of Canvas.
Additional InformationPlease review section notes to view the full schedule.
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 05-02-2023||12:01 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Traditional||ONLINE|
|Tue, 06-27-2023||12:01 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Traditional||ONLINE|