Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Psychology of Human Learning | EDTH.X308
The principles of cognitive, developmental and social psychology, as they apply to the exceptional learner, are examined in this course. Current research is reviewed as it relates to individual differences, the learning process, and theories and problems of learning, including the impact of motivation and intelligence on the special learner. The fundamentals of physical, motor, social and emotional development at critical stages are examined. This course covers the key human learning theories, including classical, social, Piagetian, and information-processing perspectives.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Understand cognitive, social, and linguistic development
- Learn theorists and theories of learning (past and present)
- Understand and apply core concepts of learning differences, assessment, and memory
Have a question about this course?
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
This course is related to the following programs:
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.