Visit our COVID update page.
Product Marketing and Management | MKTG.X406
Formerly titled "Product Management: Moving the Product to Market."
This in-depth introduction to product management, product marketing and product marketing engineering covers everything from core concepts and terminology to process management. The course is designed to meet the needs of product managers, product marketing managers and product marketing engineers who are charged with driving products to market but who may be new to the disciplines and processes involved. Participants learn to manage the process of shaping final products and taking them into the marketplace all from the perspective of the customer advocate.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Provide hands-on experience taking a concept through the product life cycle.
- Give students access to product management industry leaders to provide feedback and exposure.
- The objective is to teach real world business and product management skills. We are focused on practical skills and how this works in real life over theoretical frameworks
- Equip students who wish to pursue a PM career with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed.
- Teach students need-finding skills and general problem-solving skills.
Topics Broadly Include
- Concept of the 'whole' product and product lifecycle
- Product planning, scoping markets, pricing and margins, forecasting
- Product management, MRD and PRD, roadmaps, metrics
- Product packaging, costing, production
- Product positioning, persona, promotion, launch planning
- Product support for sales, channels, merchandising
- End of life (EOL) planning
- Analyzing customer needs
- Researching and sizing markets
- Evaluating competition
- Developing product requirements
- Assessing ROI
- Managing product lifecycles
- Working with engineering, marketing and sales
- Working with sales channels
Skills NeededFamiliarity with basic concepts in business, marketing, would be relevant. Besides that, there are no prerequisite skills needed for this course.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: $700
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.