All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
This course provides a sound foundation in business analysis concepts and lays the groundwork for advanced studies. You'll learn the Six Sigma techniques to define value; including the project management skills needed to plan, manage, and communicate; requirements management approaches needed to elicit, analyze, solicit, and verify requirements; and enterprise architecture techniques to promote knowledge retention, reduction of complexity, and reuse. Learn to control your current business processes and derive business requirements for process and automation projects that add value to your organization. The course includes group and individual exercises, a threaded case study, and an action planning on-the-job (OTJ) implementation.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Discuss fundamental business analysis concepts
- Distinguish between the roles of a business analyst and project manager
- Identify the key business analyst responsibilities and deliverables in each of the knowledge areas
- Identify stakeholders and select appropriate techniques for eliciting their requirements
- Understand business analysis tasks necessary to complete a business analysis effort
- Describe how a business analyst works with stakeholders to identify and comprehend their needs
- Understand how a business analyst manages issues and changes to maintain agreement on solution scope
- Decide which business analysis activities are most appropriate to identify needs
- Clarify needs and solutions with various stakeholder groups
- Define business analysis tasks that progressively elaborate stakeholder and solution requirements
- Determine business analysis tasks that progressively elaborate stakeholder and solution requirements when gaps are identified
The Project Management Institute (PMI)®--PMP® 20 Professional Development Units.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 09-10-2022||8:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 09-17-2022||8:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 09-24-2022||8:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 10-01-2022||8:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 10-08-2022||8:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 10-15-2022||8:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 10-22-2022||8:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 10-29-2022||8:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|