See our latest COVID updates.
Once medical devices are on the market, manufacturers are required to follow specific requirements and regulations. This includes investigating complaints, submitting to the FDA's eMDR system for reporting device malfunctions, injuries or deaths; handling recalls, managing post-market surveillance studies requirements under section 522 of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, as well as post-approval studies required at the time of approval of a premarket approval (PMA); and handling advertising and promotional labeling. This course offers the opportunity to apply these post-market regulatory requirements via in-class activities using case studies.
- To be successful in this class all students should have working knowledge of Google’s G Suite or Microsoft Office, proper email etiquette, and an essential understanding of Canvas.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Describe the principal post-market regulatory obligations for medical devices distributed in the United States.
- Apply regulations and FDA guidance in order to maintain post-market regulatory compliance.
- Document complaint investigations, file MDRs, complete health hazard evaluations, analyze advertisement and promotional content, and manage post-market study reporting needs.
- Complaints and Mandatory Reporting Requirements
- Recalls, Corrections, and Removals
- Post-approval studies & 522 Postmarket Surveillance Studies
- PMA Supplements, Annual Reports, 510(k) Modifications, etc.
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 01-17-2023||12:01 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Self-paced||ONLINE|
|Mon, 04-03-2023||12:01 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Self-paced||ONLINE|