Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Neurodivergent Learners | EDTH.X312
A growing body of scientific research and evolving cultural awareness have affirmed the value of addressing neurodivergent learners in the classroom and in the workforce.
In this course for educators and professional trainers, we will explore brain differences, reduce cultural prejudice, and identify tools to support the creative potential and abilities of neurodivergent learners. Students will examine the social and cultural dynamics of being neurodivergent and address inequities in the current educational paradigm.
Once we explore difficulties such as overdiagnosis and gaps in educator training, we will examine how the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) can be a strategy for leveling the playing field and put it to use in a new design for the classroom or workplace.
This course is designed for K-12 teachers, college educators, school administrators, home-schoolers, therapists, and HR professionals.
- Understanding short- and long-term impacts of being neurodivergent
- Recognition of signs of neurodiversity
- Awareness of social and cultural issues related to neurodivergence
- Communication skills to discuss studies and experiences with neurodiverse individuals
- Identification of strengths and contributions of neurodivergent learners
- Universal Design for Learning and accommodations to design a classroom or workspace
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Wed, 01-12-2022||6:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 01-19-2022||6:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 01-26-2022||6:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 02-02-2022||6:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 02-09-2022||6:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|