See our latest COVID updates.
A growing body of scientific research and evolving cultural awareness have affirmed the value of addressing neurodivergent learners in the classroom and in the workforce.
In this course for educators and professional trainers, we will explore brain differences, reduce cultural prejudice, and identify tools to support the creative potential and abilities of neurodivergent learners. Students will examine the social and cultural dynamics of being neurodivergent and address inequities in the current educational paradigm.
Once we explore difficulties such as overdiagnosis and gaps in educator training, we will examine how the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) can be a strategy for leveling the playing field and put it to use in a new design for the classroom or workplace.
This course is designed for K-12 teachers, college educators, school administrators, home-schoolers, therapists, and HR professionals.
- To be successful in this class all students should have working knowledge of Google’s G Suite or Microsoft Office, proper email etiquette, and an essential understanding of Canvas.
- Teaching experience, allied field work experience, how to use a computer, develop presentations, participate in discussions, read research.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Identify signs of Neurodiversity and the strengths of neurodivergent learners.
- Describe Neurodivergence and its short and long-term impacts.
- Explain the social and cultural issues related with Neurodivergence.
- Discuss strategies to help neurodiverse individuals.
- Design a classroom or workspace using Universal Design for Learning and accommodations.
- Social Dynamics of Neurodivergence
- Social and cultural issues related with Neurodivergence
- Empowerment through Education
- Neurodivergence in the workplace
- Universal Design for Learning
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Wed, 01-18-2023||6:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 01-25-2023||6:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 02-01-2023||6:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 02-08-2023||6:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 02-15-2023||6:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|