Building Closed Memorial Day Weekend
The Silicon Valley Campus is closed Saturday, May 27 through Monday, May 29, 2023, in honor of Memorial Day. We will reopen for classes on Tuesday.
Recruiting top talent for an organization is one of the most difficult challenges for staffing departments today. Those responsible for staffing are under immense pressure to obtain the talent necessary for organizations to meet business goals. This workshop explores critical issues related to managing the staffing function. Course exercises reinforce student understanding and student projects provide an opportunity to demonstrate the knowledge acquired.
It is highly recommended that students new to Human Resources begin with "Human Resource Management.” After that, courses may be taken in any order.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Describe how a company determines their need for staffing and what to do to fill the staffing need
- Discuss the processes involved for managing the staffing function
- Explain the necessary tools and methodologies to follow
- Identify the assumptions, strategies and tactics necessary to help a company achieve its staffing needs
- Understanding staffing models
- Workforce planning
- Budgeting and managing staffing costs
- Marketing the staffing function
- Developing effective hiring processes
- Selecting and evaluating resources
- Maximizing the recruiting website
- College recruitment and employee referral programs
- Managing global requirements
- Measuring performance
SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® 16.5 PDCs.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Start / End Date||Quarter Units||Cost||Instructor|
|10-10-2023 to 11-14-2023||1.5||$750||Schedule||Enroll|
Final Date To Enroll: 10-10-2023
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 10-10-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 10-17-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 10-24-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 10-31-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 11-07-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Tue, 11-14-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|