Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Fall classes are offered remotely—either live-online with an instructor, entirely self-paced, or in a blended online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Managing the HR Staffing Function
Recruiting top talent for an organization is one of the most difficult challenges for staffing departments today. Those responsible for staffing are under immense pressure to obtain the talent necessary for organizations to meet business goals. This workshop explores critical issues related to managing the staffing function. Course exercises reinforce student understanding and student projects provide an opportunity to demonstrate the knowledge acquired.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe how a company determines their need for staffing and what to do to fill the staffing need
- Discuss the processes involved for managing the staffing function
- Explain the necessary tools and methodologies to follow
- Identify the assumptions, strategies and tactics necessary to help a company achieve its staffing needs
- Understanding staffing models
- Workforce planning
- Budgeting and managing staffing costs
- Marketing the staffing function
- Developing effective hiring processes
- Selecting and evaluating resources
- Maximizing the recruiting website
- College recruitment and employee referral programs
- Managing global requirements
- Measuring performance
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 16.5 hours.
Effective February 22, 2020, this course is valid for 16.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.